Use Sunscreen Correctly: Top 5 Tips for Staying Healthy in the Sunshine! by Annie Dillon
10 months ago
Sun protection is important, regardless of the season. To protect your family from the sun's harmful rays, follow these five safety tips!
- Select clothing made of a tight weave, or items that have a SPF rating.
- Protect your eyes by wearing a brimmed hat and sunglasses with UV protection.
- Choose a sunscreen labeled “broad spectrum,” that screens out both UVA and UVB rays.
- Apply a minimum protection of SPF 15 – the higher the SPF, the more UVB protection – 30 minutes before going outside and reapply.
- Use sunblock with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide on sensitive areas: nose, cheeks, ears, shoulders.
Set a good example for your kids!