Use Sunscreen Correctly: Top 5 Tips for Staying Healthy in the Sunshine! by Annie Dillon
2 years ago
Sun protection is important, regardless of the season. To protect your family from the sun's harmful rays, follow these five safety tips!
- Select clothing made of a tight weave, or items that have a SPF rating.
- Protect your eyes by wearing a brimmed hat and sunglasses with UV protection.
- Choose a sunscreen labeled “broad spectrum,” that screens out both UVA and UVB rays.
- Apply a minimum protection of SPF 15 – the higher the SPF, the more UVB protection – 30 minutes before going outside and reapply.
- Use sunblock with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide on sensitive areas: nose, cheeks, ears, shoulders.
Set a good example for your kids!