Window Safety: 5 Things You Need to Know to Keep Kids Safe Around Windows! by Dr. Bridget Boyd
3 years ago
There's nothing like opening a window to enjoy a the breeze, but open windows, even with screens, can be dangerous for children. Here are some important safety tips to keep in mind!
- Screens are only good for keeping bugs outside, not for keeping children inside. They aren’t strong enough to prevent a child from falling out a window.
- If you like to keep your windows open, purchase guards with an emergency release in the event of a fire.
- Window stops should be installed to allow the window to only open 4 inches.
- Keep windows locked when not in use.
- Make sure your kids are supervised.
Window safety should be part of baby-proofing your home.