Lice? Ew! 6 Steps to Get Rid of Lice in Your Home & Out of Your Life! by Dr. Hannah Chow-Johnson
No one likes lice. To rid your house of lice:
- Make sure you wash all linens and towels on a hot setting of the washing machine.
- Dry everything on a hot setting for at least 45 minutes.
- All mattresses, carpets and upholstery should be vacuumed.
- The vacuum cleaner bag should be taken to an outside garbage can.
- Anything you can’t wash, place in a large trash bag then seal it tightly and let it sit for 72 hours.
- Don’t forget car seats, booster seats, back packs, hats and jackets.
If you have one family member with lice, you are better off washing and bagging everyone’s items.