Lice? Ew! 6 Steps to Get Rid of Lice in Your Home & Out of Your Life! by Dr. Hannah Chow-Johnson
No one likes lice. To rid your house of lice:
- Make sure you wash all linens and towels on a hot setting of the washing machine.
- Dry everything on a hot setting for at least 45 minutes.
- All mattresses, carpets and upholstery should be vacuumed.
- The vacuum cleaner bag should be taken to an outside garbage can.
- Anything you can’t wash, place in a large trash bag then seal it tightly and let it sit for 72 hours.
- Don’t forget car seats, booster seats, back packs, hats and jackets.
If you have one family member with lice, you are better off washing and bagging everyone’s items.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.