Breastfeeding Immediately After Childbirth: 8 Benefits for Mom & Baby! by Christy Garrett
5 months ago
Breastfeeding immediately after your baby is born offers many benefits! Here are just a few:
- Creates contractions to help deliver the placenta.
- Helps your uterus contract, keeping bleeding to a minimum.
- Releases the hormone oxytocin, responsible for helping Mom and Baby bond.
- Releases tension from labor and delivery when Baby is sucking on the breast.
- Increases your chances of breastfeeding longer and increases your rate of success.
- Helps stimulate your body to start producing breast milk.
- Colostrum acts as a laxative and helps Baby pass the meconium.
- Regulates Baby's body temperature.
Did you breastfeed?