Self-Care on Valentine's Day: 4 Ways to Practice Self Wellness for Body, Mind & Spirit by Jaya Jaya Myra
For many, Valentine’s Day is a day to give and receive love from loved ones. And while it’s important to show other’s how much you admire and appreciate them, it is important to remember that you are also your own Valentine!
Finding ways to support your own mind, body and soul is the perfect Valentine treat to help you feel refreshed, rejuvenated and happy. We spend so much time focusing on others that many people forget to take care of themselves on or around Valentine’s Day.
Focusing on you is the most important thing you can do. Why?
- It’ll make you more attractive in the eyes of others when you have a healthy self-respect.
- Whenever you feel better, you give other people permission to feel better about themselves, too. You can spread love just by being a source of it to yourself.
Here are four ways you can practice self-care this Valentine’s Day:
- Go for the Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is not only an aphrodisiac, it also stimulates dopamine production in the body which helps elevate mood and wellbeing naturally. Win-win!
- Make a Gratitude Jar: Get an empty jar and a notepad. Start making small notes each time you truly feel happy or grateful for something. Write it down, then add these notes to your jar. Come the end of the year or next year on Valentine’s Day, you’ll have hundreds of messages to yourself showing you just how awesome life can be!
- Do Something Extra Special Today: Maybe that means get a mani/pedi, get your hair done, get a massage or even hire a maid to come clean your house! Splurge a little to show yourself some self love. After all, you are worth it.
- Boost Libido Naturally (or Decrease It If You Want): Yes, there are many foods that can decrease or boost your libido naturally. If you want to get your sexy time on, you can go for some staples including celery or celery juice, ginger or ginger juice (note, those two combined are heavenly), pomegranates, saffron, apples or fenugreek. If you want to slow it down and decrease libido, grab a salad, mint, licorice or red meat. These can help keep you cool and out of a funk if you’re single or spending the day alone.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.