The 6 Elements for Change: How to Ride the Rapids of Change & Build Your Resilience Muscle by Dr. Sarah Stebbins
We don’t have to instinctively succumb to our brain’s “fight or flight” response when faced with change. We have a choice – and it comes down to these six elements, spelled from the word CHANGE:
- C is for Candor: Self-honesty is a key piece to personal resiliency.
- H is for Heroism: We can tap into our inner hero by making our actions right and just.
- A is for Acceptance: Change is inevitable. We absolutely cannot escape it.
- N is for Nurture: Commit to taking the time to create and pursue self-nurturing activities.
- G is for Gratitude: Gratitude gifts us with a different perspective so we can explore different ways of moving forward.
- E is for Engagement: When we show up, committed with head and heart, we build resiliency.
Resilience is about building muscle. With every experience we have with change, we're learning something about how to get through that particular change. We store that in our resilience muscle. Over time, with practice, we accrue what I call resilience wisdom, and it's that wisdom that we tap into as life throws new challenges our way.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
From Fire to Water: Moving Through Change: Six Elements for Personal Resiliency by Dr. Sarah Stebbins
Books About Change $3 & Up
Motivation Cards $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.