Struggling With Negativity & Pessimism? 5 Ways to Tap the Power of Positivity During Troubled Times by Dr. Bradley Nelson
If you struggle with feelings of negativity or pessimism, how can you overcome it? Here are some ideas on how to change your mindset to give you the confidence and positivity you need:
- Positive Affirmations: Simply taking a few minutes with positive affirmations every morning can drastically improve how things go for you. It’s like giving yourself a quick pep talk in the mirror. Even if it feels a little silly, look at yourself and say, “It’s going to be a great/happy/productive day.” You can then get more specific and tell yourself how you’re going to perform the specific things you want to get done.
- Focus on the Good: Most days, there will be obstacles to overcome, people who are hard to deal with and mistakes made. But when you run into these things, find a sliver of good and consciously choose to dwell on that instead of what went wrong. This can help you maintain the positive mindset you need to enable your own achievement.
- Meditate: Meditation can help you clear negativity, energize your mind and relieve anxiousness. Think of it as hitting the reset button – allowing yourself a moment to disconnect from the world and tune out the negative. While you’re meditating, focus on light, positivity and gratitude.
- Release Trapped Emotions: If you’re dealing with unknown trapped emotions, they could get in the way of the positive mindset you need to believe in yourself and get after your goals. Perform The Emotion Code® regularly to make sure you’re keeping yourself clear of negative emotional baggage, especially after a tough day.
- Be in the Moment: Most negativity comes from either dwelling on past events or mistakes, or worrying about things that might happen later. But what if we could stay in each moment, focus on the here and now, and just be present? Chances are we’d all worry less and enjoy more – and that can contribute to a positive mindset in a big way.
These simple habit changes can help you live with more joy, less stress and more confidence that you can and will gain the things you want in life.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.