Sanitizing & Cleaning Tips During the Coronavirus Pandemic: Things to Clean That You May Have Overlooked by Jamie Martin
Since most people are focusing on germs during this coronavirus pandemic, here are my thoughts on sanitizing and keeping germs away:
- Antibacterial kills bacteria, not viruses. Don't waste your money.
- Clean your phone regularly. It’s one of the dirtiest items in our lives. And why would you ever set your phone on the floor where people walk around with dirty shoes?? I see this at the gym daily.
- Clean your car steering wheel and gear shift regularly. You’ll see how dirty it is when you look at the cloth you clean it with.
My Facebook friends jumped in to share their thoughts and ideas. Here are a few of them:
- "And light switches, remote controls, refrigerator handles and door knobs and microwave buttons, especially at work!"
- "I just did my phone, iPads, remotes and light switches! So key!"
- "I use my own pen when signing for things at stores during flu season."
- "Same!!! And clipboard and pens at doc's office! Or I have everything pre-signed."
- "I also ‘mist’ myself/my son, our shared items/car with an essential oils blend diluted with some water. Just shake and go. Antibacterial, antimicrobial, won’t harm people, pets or things. Plus bonus: the mood-enhancing benefits are spectacular. Lavender, Tea Tree, Lemon, Oregano, Rosemary. And there are many others. Make the blend that’s best for you. A few drops in some mini-spray bottles, keep one in car, one in purse. Good to go!"
- "Working in an office, the one thing that is impossible to clean is paper! And multiple people must touch the same documents to some extent. I just try to wash my hands as frequently as possible."
- "One of the dirtiest places has to be the gym. Equipment gets a very perfunctory wipe down, and some folks don’t even do that."
Share your cleaning and sanitizing tips below!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.