How to Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer: These DIY Hand Sanitizer Recipes Are All Natural by 30Seconds Health
With the coronavirus (COVID-19) causing concern globally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is stressing the importance of good personal health habits as a way to prevent the spread of the virus. The CDC states that you should wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol is the next best option.
With hand sanitizer in high demand right now, you may find it sold out in your local stores. If you can’t find hand sanitizer or just like making your own DIY personal-care products, here are two easy homemade hand sanitizer recipes to try. The recipes can be doubled or tripled to fit your needs:
Two-Ingredient Hand Sanitizer Recipe
- 12 tablespoons rubbing alcohol (at least 60 percent alcohol by volume)
- 4 teaspoons aloe vera gel (commercial, not fresh)
- clean liquid soap bottle, clean hand sanitizer bottle or squirt bottle
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the aloe vera gel and rubbing alcohol in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put the funnel into the opening of the soap or hand sanitizer bottle. Carefully pour in the rubbing alcohol mixture.
Essential Oil Hand Sanitizer Recipe
If you're on the go, try this hand sanitizer recipe that uses essential oils. Toss them into your purse, kid's backpack and keep one in your car.
- 2/3 cup 99 percent rubbing alcohol (isopropyl)
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel (commercial, not fresh)
- 10 drops essential oil (lavender essential oil, tea tree essential oil, peppermint essential oil, etc.)
- travel-size plastic bottles
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Using a funnel, pour into small plastic travel-size lotion bottles. Shake before each use.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rubbing Alcohol $2 & Up
Aloe Vera Gel $4 & Up
Lavender Essential Oil $5 & Up
Tea Tree Essential Oil $6 & Up
Vitamin E Oil $5 & Up
Peppermint Essential Oil $4 & Up
Essential Oils $4 & Up
Squirt Bottles $4 & Up
Funnels $3 & Up
Travel-Size Plastic Bottles $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.