Coronavirus & Eating Out at Restaurants: 10 Steps to Safer Dining Out During the COVID-19 Pandemic by Kim Martin Oppenheim
Worried about eating at restaurants because of coronavirus concerns? From someone who has been in the restaurant business her entire life, please go eat out. These businesses need you. Besides, they will probably be the cleanest they've ever been.
I have seen numerous posts from restaurants begging you to not be scared. If you are paranoid, here are some precautions I will be taking. I am in a high-risk category with my compromised immune system (cancer related).
- Ask for ketchup packets (or ask for it in a ramekin on the side) if you need ketchup. If you need mayo or mustard, they have those, too. Although I am sure the bottles are fine, it is an extra step.
- Ask for salt and pepper packets. They have these, too, for to-go orders.
- Wash your hands after you are finished looking at the menu. Consider bringing hand sanitizer with you.
- Ask for your beverage in a to-go cup. (Don't accept refills from a pitcher.)
- If there is a patio, eat outside.
- If you are not there during the rush hours, ask to sit far away from any other guests.
- Don't go to eat with a large group and share chips and salsa/queso or other community appetizers/food you would share.
- Don't get the buffet.
- Don't get the free ice cream.
- Don't order anything you share or share utensils to get.
I promise you, the restaurant is doing their part. The concern you should have are the other guests.
If you are still scared to eat out, buy a gift certificate for future use. Let's not lose our favorite restaurants over this current situation.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Restaurant Gift Cards $10 & Up
Restaurant Guides $4 & Up
Hand Sanitizer $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.