Being Happy Is a Choice: 3 Steps to Take on Your Road to Happiness by Harry Hoover
Science has shown that 48 percent of our happiness level is hard-wired into us. So, the good news is that we can control the other 52 percent of our happiness, even if we were given some gloomy genes.
These three steps will get you moving in the right direction toward happiness:
- Be Grateful: Practicing gratitude rewires your brain, reduces depression and provides you with an increased feeling of well-being. How do you go about being grateful? One way to find gratitude is to start a daily gratitude journal.
- Be a Friend: Harvard has studied a group of 724 men since 1938. The project’s director, Robert Waldinger, says the results can be summed up quite simply: “Good relationships keep us happier and healthier. Period."
- Be Mindful: The next time you are in a stressful situation, notice how you are breathing. Are you breathing rapidly or shallowly? When this happens, take a deep breath for a count of six. Hold your breath for a count of six, and then breathe out for a count of six. Repeat three times. This mindfulness exercise helps calm you.
Try my three steps and get on the road to happiness!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links. The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.