Avoid the Resolution Trap: Here Are the 5 Health Must-Dos for 2020 by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Every January, lots of people make (and break) overzealous resolutions. Instead of focusing on promises you can’t keep, let’s cut to the chase. Here’s a list of the most important things you need to do this year to maintain good health:
- Check in with your provider for an annual physical. While you’re there, she or he can make sure you’re up to date on your shots and screenings, which can be difficult to track on your own.
- Schedule one-off visits for things like mammograms, pap smears, cholesterol checks and other screenings.
- Make an exercise plan. Forget “exercising more.” Give yourself a plan, even if it’s simply to walk around the block every morning.
- Eat the good stuff, like lean protein, fruits, veggies and whole grains, and stop obsessing about losing pounds.
- Sleep. Get at least seven hours of sleep each night so you can do all the other things you want to do well.
Don’t get caught up in changing bad habits all at once. Stick to these five must-dos and you will be healthier all year long!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.