Running for Fitness: A Foolproof Guide to Ease Into Running (Run, Momma, Run!) by Janine Hamilton
As a lifelong runner, I'm often surprised by the conflicting way many people regard long-distance running. I hear both "you're insane!" and then "I always wished I could enjoy running." Never fear, I'm here to tell you, you can! Here's a simple plan to merge from walking to running.
Please note: You should always consult a doctor before starting a fitness plan. What follows is designed for individuals currently able to walk at least 30 minutes at moderate pace without stopping. On even days, rest or walk only!
- Days 1 - 7: Walk 5 minutes. Run 1 minute. Repeat three times. Following last run stint, walk a 5-minute cooldown.
- Days 9 - 13: Walk 5 minutes. Run 3 minutes. Repeat three times, then 5-minute cooldown walk.
- Days 15 - 19: Walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes. Repeat three times, then 5-minute cooldown walk.
- Days 21 - 25: Walk 5 minutes, run 10 minutes. Repeat twice with 5-minute walk cooldown.
- Days 27 - 31: Walk 5 minutes, run 15 minutes. Walk 2 minutes, run 8 minutes. Walk 5 minutes.
- Days 33 - 37: Walk 5 minutes. Run 20 minutes. Walk 10 minutes.
- Days 39 - 43: Walk 5 minutes. Run 25 minutes. Walk 5 minutes.
- Days 45 - 50: Walk 5 minutes. Run 30 minutes. Walk 5 minutes.
Keep it up! There's no limit to what you can do. See you on the marathon course!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Running Accessories $5 & Up
Books About Running $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.