Autism Awareness Month: Be Aware, Proactive & Know the Signs of Autism! by Joy Stephenson-Laws JD
Autism is a developmental disorder that usually becomes apparent in children between the ages of 2 and 3. Signs include:
- Repeating certain behaviors, having unusual behaviors
- Having overly focused interests, such as with moving objects
- Having a lasting, intense interest in certain topics, such as numbers, details
- Making little or inconsistent eye contact
- Having facial expressions, movements, gestures that do not match what is being said
- Having an unusual tone of voice that may sound sing-song or flat and robot-like
- Responding in an unusual way when others show anger, distress or affection
Zinc deficiency may be associated with autism. Talk to your physician and get nutritional testing to ensure your child is not getting too much of any mineral, including zinc.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.