Surgery Recovery: This Simple Secret to Healing Post-Surgery May Surprise You! by Kim Kusiciel
Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that recovering from any surgery can be a painful experience. I had six surgeries in one year related to BRCA preventative surgeries. My experiences were a little different with each, but one thing was the same. Sleep. Here's how to ensure restful sleep while recovering from surgery:
- Follow a restful routine and don't push yourself!
- Remove distractions from your sleep space.
- Turn off devices so you don't add stimulus to your brain.
- Stay in bed and don't get up until you need to.
- Set an alarm if you need medication, then go back to sleep.
I found that when I woke up from a restful night, I felt better. I am not a scientist nor a doctor, but I can tell you that anything that helps you feel better after surgery is a good thing.