Have Eczema & Acne? 6 Basic Skin Care Tips You Need to Know! by Mei Marcie
Acne is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that is characterized by blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and cysts. It is caused by many factors and attributed to overactive oil glands that combine with skin cells and clog pores. Bacteria on the skin of plugged pores multiply and result in skin lesions. Here are six basic acne care tips – especially if you have eczema, too!
- Wash with mild and non-drying cleanser. Do not scrub skin.
- Shampoo hair often.
- Use “non-comedogenic" and “non-acnegenic” products.
- Avoid astringents, toners and exfoliates that are drying.
- Do not pop, squeeze or pick at acne.
- If you have both acne and eczema, be careful not to apply steroid cream prescription for eczema on acne. Some acne creams are drying, so avoid applying acne cream on eczema areas.
Talk to your doctor with any concerns. Learn more about acne here!