Headed to the Playground? 5 Things All Parents Must Check Before Letting Kids Play to Keep Them Safe! by Kaila Weingarten
Before kids jump on that playground equipment, here are five things the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CPSC) recommends you check for!
- Make sure surfaces around playground equipment have at least 12 inches of surfacing such as wood chips, mulch, sand or mats.
- Check that protective surfacing extends at least 6 feet in all directions from play equipment.
- Make sure play structures more than 30 inches high are spaced at least 9 feet apart.
- Look out for tripping hazards, like rocks.
- Make sure elevated surfaces, like ramps, have guardrails to prevent falls.
Just in case, always have a first aid kit with you. Learn more about playground safety here!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.