Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Galette Recipe Is How to Celebrate the Season Desserts Fruit French Recipes
A galette is a French dessert that is a freeform tart with a sweet or savory filling. Galettes are easy to make but look quite impressive! This easy strawberry rhubarb galette screams spring and summer with the sweet and tart flavors on display inside the pie crust. This galette uses store-bought refrigerated pie crusts, so the prep is simple.
For this sweet fruit galette recipe you'll need granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, fresh rhubarb, strawberries, vanilla extract, lemon juice (fresh is best!) and a refrigerated premade pie crust. The crust is rolled out on a baking sheet and sprinkled with sugar. A sweet mixture of sugar, flour (it serves as a thickening agent), cinnamon, rhubarb, strawberry, vanilla and lemon juice is mounded in the center of the pie crust. The edges are folded up to form the galette. Bake for about 45 minutes (ovens vary) or until golden brown.
You could certainly use a homemade pie crust for this dessert recipe if you prefer. Serve this rhubarb strawberry galette for dessert with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. It is a delicious way to celebrate strawberry and rhubarb season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- large pinch of salt
- 1 cup rhubarb, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups strawberries, stems removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust (9 inches)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Add the strawberries and rhubarb and mix to combine. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Mix again. Set aside.
- Put pie crust onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with some granulated sugar. Spoon the fruit mixture into the center of the crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the edges up partially over the fruit (the center should be exposed). Sprinkle some granulated sugar on the edges of the crust, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden and fruit is tender.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!