Must-Try Mussels Recipe: Easy Steamed Mussels in Wine Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe Dinner
Love eating mussels at restaurants, but too intimated to make them at home? Don't be! This classic mussels in wine garlic cream sauce recipe doesn't take much muscle to make – and it's ready in about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, fennel, dill, etc.)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 - 35 mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Pour the wine into a large sauté pan with a lid. Add the garlic, herbs and mussels. Cover and cook over medium heat until the mussels open, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mussels with a slotted spoon to a large serving bowl or individual serving bowls. Throw out any that did not open.
- Strain the cooking liquid through a fine mesh strainer and then put it back into the sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes so it reduces a bit. Spoon over the mussels. Garnish with additional chopped herbs, if desired.