The halibut is seasoned with salt and pepper before being cooked to golden perfection in a skillet. Lemon is squeezed over the fish at the end of cooking. Seriously, that's it. You could use other fish with this same cooking method. Be sure to adjust cooking time based on the thickness of the fish fillets.
Prep Time: 15 minutes to come to temperature
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 2 halibut fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil, for cooking
Here's how to make it:
- Take the fish out of the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking.
- When ready to cook, season the fish with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until golden. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes.
- Flip the fish over and continue to cook until cooked through, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the fish. Serve immediately.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!