Homemade Chicken & Dumplings in Less Than an Hour? Yep! Here's the Easy, Delicious Recipe by Donna John
Craving comfort food? You can have a pot of chicken and dumplings on the table inexpensively, in less than an hour. Seriously! Nourishing comfort food at its finest.
- 1 chicken
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 flour tortillas, cut into dumpling-sized squares
- chopped fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes (optional)
- black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Put the water, salt and the chicken in a large pot. Add the celery and onion and bring to a boil. Cook at a slow simmer until chicken is done, about 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cool slightly and remove the meat. Add the meat back to the pot along with the can of cream of chicken soup.
- Bring to a boil and add the flour tortillas. Boil, covered, about 8 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste. For color, I add chopped parsley.
It is so good! Enjoy!
Photo: Tiffany Zook made this recipe, but only used 4 cups of water and cut her tortillas into strips, like noodles.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.