Ultimate Cake Brownies Recipe: Believe It or Not, Some Prefer Cake-like Brownies to Fudgy Brownies by Donna John
Growing up, my mom always ordered cake doughnuts over soft, glazed donuts. She also liked cake-like brownies over gooey, fudgy chocolate brownies. While I'm a gooey and glazed girl, I still enjoy a good cake brownie, too. This easy cake-like brownie recipe is one that has my mom written all over it.
This easy brownie recipe mixes up in minutes flat and has just a few ingredients: melted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt. The melted butter and sugar are whisked together first, then the eggs are added (one at a time) along with the vanilla extract. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not be tempted to overmix here or you won't get tender brownies (overmixing works the gluten in the flour). Pour the batter into a pan, bake and then resist the temptation to cut them before they're cool.
Serve these chocolate cake brownies for dessert or a sweet snack any time of the day. Store the leftover brownies in an airtight container to keep them fresh. Be sure to share these with friends, family and neighbors. Who knows, you may convert another fudgy brownie lover.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes about 18 brownies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- big pinch of salt
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the melted butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each is added. Stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (do not overbake). Remove and cool before cutting into squares.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.