Healthy Pesto Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps Recipe Is All the Things by 30Seconds Food
"This pesto chicken salad is truly ALL THE THINGS!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "Thanks to the tasty homemade pesto, we have lots of flavor dimensions for such a super simple meal! The chicken and baby peas combo gives us lots of protein and important nutrients. I also really enjoy the different textures: melt-in-your-mouth baby peas in a crisp lettuce leaf is surprisingly satisfying."
The creamy pesto chicken salad lettuce wraps recipe comes together fast. "I mean, if you’re going to make your own homemade pesto (which I recommend!) that will take five minutes, then you’ll need another 10 minutes max to chop and prepare everything else."
If using frozen peas, place them in a colander and run them under hot water for a minute to thaw. Set aside while allowing water to drain completely. Good choices for the lettuce are butter lettuce, Boston bibb lettuce, romaine, red or green leaf, collard greens, iceberg or even cabbage leaves. You could even skip the lettuce and use the chicken salad to make sandwiches or spoon it over lettuce. Serve these refreshing, healthy and light lettuce wraps for dinner or lunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green baby peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1/3 cup homemade pesto sauce or jarred pesto
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes, chopped
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- lettuce leaves, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken into a large bowl. Add the pesto yogurt, sundried tomatoes and peas. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay several lettuce leaves on top of each other (doubled up) to create a sturdy vessel. Spoon the chicken salad in the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pesto $3 & Up
Sundried Tomatoes $3 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.