20-Minute Pan-seared Shrimp & Scallops Recipe With Coconut Cream Sauce by 30Seconds Food
We have three creamy garlic shrimp recipes that are fan favorites. All of the shrimp recipes are made with heavy cream as the main player. We thought it would be nice to have a lighter creamy garlic shrimp, too. This easy pan-seared shrimp and scallops (yes, scallops!) is a quick and easy seafood dinner with some Asian flavors thrown in. It's amazing and cooks in about five minutes.
Shrimp and scallops are seasoned with salt and black pepper before being pan-seared in a skillet. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan to get the best sear. If your pan is small, you may have to do this in two batches. Before being removed to a plate, the shrimp and scallops get a bath in fresh lime juice. The coconut cream sauce is made with either coconut cream or coconut milk, garlic, lime zest and fresh grated ginger. The scallops and shrimp are put back into the pan for a minute then dinner is ready.
Did you know seafood is a good choice in your healthy eating plans? Shrimp are loaded with protein, but also contain phosphorus, copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron and manganese. Scallops are high in omega-3 fatty acids that may help keep your cholesterol at a healthy level and help lower blood pressure and improve circulation.
Serve this light seafood dinner with a grain to soak up the coconut cream sauce and a fresh vegetable.
Cuisine: American / Asian
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound scallops (thawed if frozen), dried with paper towels
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (thawed if frozen), shelled, tails removed, deveined and dried with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- chopped fresh cilantro or other fresh herbs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the scallops and shrimp in a single layer and cook without moving for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until nicely seared. Flip them over and add the lime juice. Cook for about 1 more minute. Remove to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in the coconut cream along with the lime zest and ginger. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until cream reduces, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Set the shrimp and scallops on top of the cream and continue to cook about 1 more minute or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.