Easy Weeknight Crock Pot™ Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs Recipe by Chef Gigi
I love this slow-cooker lemon, garlic and butter chicken thighs recipe, and so does my family. I really like to serve the juices over steamed brown rice and with a side dish of quickly sautéed buttered zucchini. But the best part is, this easy chicken recipe cooks itself.
This Crock Pot™ boneless chicken thighs recipe is slowly cooked in chicken broth, lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red chili flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and butter. Cook the chicken for three to four hours on "high" or six to eight hours on "low." The smell as all the simple ingredients cook together will fill your house and make your stomach growl. The family won't be able to wait until dinner is on the table.
Serve this slow-cooker lemon garlic butter chicken recipe with brown rice, couscous or your favorite steamed vegetable. Pack the leftovers in an airtight container to take for lunch the day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 to 4 hours on high and 6 to 8 hours on low
Total Time: 3 hours and 15 minutes to 8 hours 15 minutes
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, skinless or with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or ground cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced or minced
- chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan on medium-high heat. Salt and pepper your chicken thighs and sear, skin side down, until browned on the outside, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and place chicken at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and deglaze, scraping up any remaining bits. Pour the pan juices over the thighs inside the slow cooker. Add the lemon juice, zest and halved lemon rinds.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, crushed red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mix over the chicken thighs. Top with fresh minced garlic and diced butter. Cover and cook the chicken thighs for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.