Moroccan Stewed White Beans Recipe (Loubia): A Vegan Dinner or Hearty Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Loubia is a popular white bean dish from Morocco. White beans are stewed in broth with tomatoes and spices. It can be served as a main dish for dinner or lunch or as a side dish.
These stewed white beans are vegetarian and vegan. This is a shortcut loubia recipe because it calls for a can of white beans instead of soaking dry beans. The recipe makes two main-dish servings and about four side-dish servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 2 (main dish) or 4 (side dish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, cumin, turmeric and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and broth. Cook about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and crushed red pepper, to taste. Heat through.
Pro Tip: If you want to serve with meat like pork, lamb or chicken, nestle pieces of the meat in individual bowls of the beans.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Beans $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Vegetable Broth $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.