This Savory Bacon & Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe Is a Celebration of Fall Flavors by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat, bleu or shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon, crumbled, to taste (you also could use Prosciutto)
Here's how you make it:
- Cook the pasta, drain and return to pan.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; stir about one minute.
- Stir in squash, wine and salt. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sage. Toss all ingredients and serve.