This Savory Bacon & Butternut Squash Pasta Recipe Is a Celebration of Fall Flavors by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Add to collection
Autumn means change, and that includes what you're eating. If you're tired of your boring stand-by pasta recipes, this savory bacon and butternut squash pasta recipe will be a nice change of pace.
This healthy pasta dinner is loaded with butternut squash, sage and other fall flavors that will help you celebrate the season. Plus, it has just enough bacon to make it extra delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups butternut squash
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat, bleu or shredded/grated Parmesan cheese
- Bacon, crumbled, to taste (you also could use Prosciutto)
Here's how you make it:
- Cook the pasta, drain and return to pan.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; stir about one minute.
- Stir in squash, wine and salt. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sage. Toss all ingredients and serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.