Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole Recipe for the Slow Cooker by Ann Marie Patitucci
This hash brown casserole recipe is the easiest, cheesiest casserole ever. The copycat Cracker Barrel recipe is perfect as a brunch dish or a holiday side dish. Trust me when I say it’s a crowd pleaser. Everyone will love it and they’ll have no idea how easy it was for you to make!
What makes this recipe so easy? It only has five ingredients and prep time takes only 5 minutes. Besides adding shredded cheese near the end of the cooking time, this is a “set it and forget it” recipe. You just add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and that’s it. Now that is my kind of Thanksgiving recipe.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 25 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 bag (22 ounces) frozen hash browns
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Here’s how to make it:
- Add all the ingredients except 1 cup of shredded cheddar to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add the remaining shredded cheddar. Cover and cook for another 20 minutes on low.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.