This Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe Has An Unexpected Surprise by Ann Marie Patitucci
I love carbs. Bring me all the carbs, especially potatoes. Garlic mashed potatoes are among my favorites. That said, some mashed potato recipes are far better than others. This one is delicious. The potatoes are creamy with just the right amount of garlic flavor. They’re a big hit among carb lovers, picky eaters and dinner guests. This recipe is easy and on the table in just 30 minutes.
As you make your holiday dinner plans, I highly recommend adding these garlic mashed potatoes to your menu as a side dish. The addition of steak seasoning really is an unexpected surprise! If you’re having a larger group, just double it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 red or white potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic (divided), or to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon steak seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
Here’s how to make it:
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover them. Add 1 teaspoon crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper to the water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and add butter. Mash them until butter is melted. Mix in half and half, steak seasoning, garlic powder and remaining crushed garlic. Mix ingredients with an electric mixer or mash with a potato masher until smooth (no lumps!).
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.