Sinfully Good Brownie Pecan Pie Recipe: When Two Obsessions Collide by Donna John
Recipes using different techniques always intrigue me. When I saw this decadent dessert recipe from the Food Network's Jeff Mauro for brownie pecan pie that only bakes the bottom half, and cooks the pecan topping on the stovetop, I had to try it.
You need to add this pecan pie recipe to your fall, Thanksgiving or Christmas menu. Or just Monday night in April menu. Trust me. This brownie pecan pie is easy to make and combines two of our favorite obsessions: brownies and pecan pie. How can you go wrong? (You can't!)
The brownie filling is a sweet mixture of butter, unsweetened chocolate, sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs and semisweet chocolate chips. The ooey, gooey pecan topping is made with dark brown sugar, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, butter, pecans, light corn syrup, vanilla and a little water. The two collide into one amazing pecan pie!
Serve this brownie pecan pie for dessert any time of the year. For even more decadence, drizzle with chocolate sauce!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
Here's how to make it:
- Press the pie crust into a pie flat. Flute the edges.
- To make the brownie filling, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth over low heat. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar and stir to combine. Add the flour, vanilla, salt and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the filling on the bottom of the pie crust. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until filling is firm and crust is golden, about 40 minutes.
- To make the pecan topping, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Set aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pecans and toast, stirring, about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and add the corn syrup, vanilla, remaining butter, water and the brown sugar mixture. Cook, stirring, until thick, about 6 to 8 minutes. Pour the pecan topping over the pie.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.