Moist Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Recipe for Fall Baking by 30Seconds Food
During the fall months, it's almost required that you bake something with pumpkin in it. Your choices are broad, from pumpkin muffins to pumpkin bread to pumpkin cookies to pumpkin pie. Let's add this easy, moist chocolate chip pumpkin cake recipe to that list!
This pumpkin cake recipe is full of fall flavors. The chocolate chips are a welcome surprise and complement the pumpkin perfectly. Serve this cake for dessert as-is or with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 8x8-inch cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 cup regular chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, oil, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined or greased 8x8-inch cake pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.