Copycat KFC Gravy Recipe: This Brown Gravy Cooks in 5 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Not only is KFC's fried chicken and tender biscuits classics, but so is the brown gravy that tops their mashed potatoes. If the gravy is your favorite part of your fried chicken dinner, you are going to love this easy copycat KFC gravy recipe!
This brown gravy recipe cooks in less than 5 minutes. Store any leftover gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. And don't just stop at mashed potatoes! This gravy is delish spooned over hamburger steaks, meatloaf or your favorite proteins.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (you can substitute black pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the flour, onion powder, pepper and salt. Whisk to combine. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to brown, about 2 minutes. (You are making a roux.)
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until smooth. Add the water and bouillon. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, whisking, until gravy thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.