The Best Gingerbread Loaf Recipe: We Need a Smell-o-Vision App for This Heavenly Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Someone needs to invent an app that lets you smell recipes through your computer, phone or tablet. No joke. This easy gingerbread recipe smells absolutely amazing and tastes just as good. You won't regret making this even before it's out of the oven (turn off the Scentsy!).
This gingerbread loaf recipe makes four mini loaves or one large loaf. Wrap the loafs with plastic wrap to keep them fresh and ready for snacking or dessert. Gingerbread makes a wonderful gift for family and friends – and is a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving or fall get-togethers.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes (mini loaves) and 1 hour for large loaf
Servings: Makes 4 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil, molasses, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Whisk well until thoroughly combined. (You could also pulse it in a blender.)
- Slowly start adding the flour and stir until just incorporated. Pour the batter into four mini loaf pans that have been lined with parchment paper that overlaps the sides and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or one large 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes for mini loaves and 50 minutes for a large loaf, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes before inserting onto a rack to cool completely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.