Ohio Creamy Chicken Sandwich Recipe With Potato Chips: Ohio's Best Kept Secret by Donna John
I. Love. Sandwiches. No joke. Sandwiches make me happy and I love trying all different kinds. This creamy shredded chicken sandwich recipe from Ohio took me by surprise. Who knew? Shredded chicken breast is cooked in soup, broth and seasonings then thickened with ... wait for it ... potato chips.
These chicken sandwiches are served throughout Ohio at fast food restaurants, sit-down restaurants, at events and family get-togethers. The shredded chicken is served on hamburger buns. Some like to add banana peppers to the sandwich to add some freshness and crunch. I'm all for that. Some also use crackers instead of potato chips, but I'm all in for the chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour on high and 2 to 3 hours on low
Total Time: 1 to 3 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cream of chicken soup, broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a slow cooker. Mix well.
- Add the chicken and potato chips. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or on low for 2 to 3 hours. Serve on hamburger buns.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.