Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal Recipe Tastes Like Dessert by 30Seconds Food
"Hop aboard the overnight oat train with this delectable recipe!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. “'Soaked' oats save a lot of time in the morning, but they’re also much easier to digest than unsoaked oats. As the oats soak overnight, their digestibility greatly improves."
How? "Overnight as they soak, the starches break down which improves digestibility and the natural phytic acid (which all plants contain) is greatly reduced that makes them more easily absorbed by your body! Yes. These oats are meant to be eaten cold like pudding."
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 6 hours to soak
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 6 hours to soak
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup dark mini chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- good pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter or cashew butter
Here's how to make it:
- Add all of the ingredients except for almond butter/cashew butter into a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Once the oatmeal has set, remove from the fridge and quickly fold in the almond/cashew butter. You don't have to completely mix it in – leave in some visible swirls!
- Transfer the oatmeal to individual jars or bowls and serve or keep refrigerated for a quick breakfast for up to three to four days.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.