4-Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas Recipe: On the Table in 30 Minutes by Ann Marie Patitucci
My husband and sons love Mexican food. I do, too, but perhaps not with quite the same passion as they do. They’d be thrilled with Taco Tuesday, Taquito Thursday, Fajita Friday and more. I’d be up for Margarita Monday and one Mexican meal per week but I like to switch things up a bit, too.
Here’s a new one for us, that we’re all thrilled about: chicken enchiladas. This meal can be made a variety of ways, some more traditional than others. This is a quick and easy version of enchiladas that tastes delicious and makes chaotic weeknights just a little easier. It’s a 5 out of 5 at my house!
Bonus: Enchiladas freeze well so this recipe can be made ahead of time and frozen. If you’re making them in advance, let them cool completely in the fridge. Then transfer the enchiladas to a plastic storage bag or freezer-safe container and place in the freezer. Serve this easy dinner with rice, refried beans and guacamole.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (for a time-saver, use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce, green or red (divided)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese (divided)
- optional toppings: diced tomatoes, diced onions, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, shredded lettuce
Here’s how to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix together and taste. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Microwave the tortillas on a plate for 1 minute, flipping them halfway through until they are warm and easy to work with.
- Fill each tortilla evenly with the shredded chicken mixture and 1 cup of the shredded cheese (set aside the other 1 1/2 cups cheese). Roll the tortillas tightly and place in a 13x9-inch baking dish, seam side down.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.