Easy Cheesy Ground Beef Enchiladas Recipe: Make Tex-Mex at Home by 30Seconds Food
When you order beef or cheese enchiladas at a Tex-Mex restaurant, you're going to get (hopefully!) a plate with enchiladas drowning in a rich sauce and covered with an insane amount of cheese. If you think you have to go out to eat for the best enchiladas, think again!
Here's an easy Tex-Mex cheese and beef enchilada recipe you can make at home. Complete the meal with a side of refried beans or Spanish rice. (Don't forget the margaritas!)
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano (can substitute regular dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato chicken bouillon granules or regular chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups water (you can use more of less for desired thickness of sauce)
- 1 pound ground beef seasoned for tacos
- 3 - 4 cups shredded American cheese
- 12 corn tortillas, softened
- chopped onions (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- To make the sauce heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until a roux forms, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, chili powder and bouillon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Whisk in the water and cook until it thickens. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 to 10 minutes or until at desired thickness. Taste and add more seasonings, if needed. Set aside.
- To make the enchiladas, put some meat, cheese and onions, if using, down the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place in a baking pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour the sauce over the top and then sprinkle with more shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake!
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Pans $9 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Mexican Oregano $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Tomato Chicken Bouillon Granules $3 & Up
Chicken Bouillon Granules $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.