Easy Caesar Spaghetti Recipe: A Pasta Recipe With All the Flavors of Caesar Salad by 30Seconds Food
If you love all the flavors of a Caesar salad, you are going to adore this creamy Caesar spaghetti recipe. Anchovy fillets are melted into olive oil, which creates the base of the tasty sauce. Delicious.
Cuisine: Italian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles (can use linguine, fettuccine or your favorite long pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 - 8 anchovy fillets, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 heads escarole, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups Pecorino Romano
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until just al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the anchovies and cook until they melt into the olive oil, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the Worcestershire sauce and escarole. Stir to wilt the escarole. Add the nutmeg, a big squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm pasta water and egg yolks to temper them. Turn off the heat and add the mixture to the pan along with the cooked pasta and half of the Pecorino Romano. Stir vigorously for 1 minute. Serve with the remaining cheese on the side.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.