Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe Is Juicy & Super Tasty by Ann Marie Patitucci
Salmon truly is as healthy as you’ve heard. It’s a great source of vitamin B, protein and potassium. It helps reduce the risk of heart disease and is one of the best ways to get omega-3 fatty acids. There’s an added bonus, too: salmon is known to help with weight control.
This simple baked salmon recipe with homemade teriyaki sauce is great for those who like to meal prep. The salmon fillets are baked to perfection in just 15 minutes with the delicious homemade sauce. For a quick and complete dinner, serve over rice or quinoa with the vegetable of your choice.
Cuisine: Asian / American
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 - 3 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 2-inch wide fillets
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 - 3 teaspoons minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Put the salmon into the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 20 minutes, either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Transfer salmon to greased baking sheet (reserve remaining marinade). Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 12 to 16 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flaky.
- While salmon is baking, transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook. Stir occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened into a syrup-like consistency, about 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Once salmon is out of the oven, brush with teriyaki syrup. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and/or sesame seeds, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.