Easy Crispy Hash Brown Patties Recipe Like the Restaurants Make by 30Seconds Food
You know those crispy hash brown patties you can get at some of the fast food restaurants? The hash brown potatoes are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. You can make those at home!
Potatoes are partially cooked in boiling water then grated. Eggs and flour are stirred in and then the mixture is formed into patties and chilled in the freezer for about 45 minutes. This hash brown potato patties recipe is simple to make, though it does take a little time to chill the patties before frying. Don't skip this step! It helps keep the patties together when cooking.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 45 minutes to chill
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus 45 minutes to chill
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Salt and Pepper
- Food Processor
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- Pepper Grinder
- Don't skip the step of letting the patties chill in the freezer before cooking. This helps the patties stay together during the cooking process.
- For extra flavor, add some garlic or onion powder to the patties.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes into a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for about 6 minutes (they will be only partially cooked). Allow to cool slightly, then grate the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and flour. Season well with salt and pepper. Still until well combined.
- Form the mixture into about eight rectangular patties (or whatever shape you want). Put the patties onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F. Cook the patties a few at a time until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 2.6g
Saturated Fat: 0.8g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.4g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 0.8g
Vitamin D: 9mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.