Crispy Hash Brown Patties Recipe Like the Restaurants Make by 30Seconds Food
You know those crispy hash brown patties you can get at some of the fast food restaurants? The potatoes are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. You can make those at home!
This hash brown potato patties recipe is simple to make, though it does take a little time to chill the patties before frying. Don't skip this step! It helps keep the patties together when cooking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 45 minutes to chill
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus 45 minutes to chill
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes into a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook for about 6 minutes (they will be only partially cooked). Allow to cool slightly, then grate the potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and flour. Season well with salt and pepper. Still until well combined.
- Form the mixture into about eight rectangular patties (or whatever shape you want). Put the patties onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the freezer for about 45 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet to 350 degrees F. Cook the patties a few at a time until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper towel and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Graters $5 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.