Easy Revani Cake Recipe: This Moist Cake Recipe Is Soaked in Lemon Syrup by 30Seconds Food
Revani is a moist cake made with semolina flour and soaked in a lemon-infused simple syrup. The classic cake is popular in Turkey, Greece, the Middle East and the Mediterranean.
You can keep the cake recipe simple and not add anything to the top. Some like to add shredded coconut, lemon zest, almonds or pistachios to decorate the cake. While lemon is the typical flavoring, you could use lime, orange or whatever citrus you enjoy (grapefruit would be refreshing).
Cuisine: Turkish / Greece / Middle Eastern / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fine semolina flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
Here's how to make it:
- To make the syrup, combine al the ingredients in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
- To make the cake, add the eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until it triples in volume and is fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Add the butter and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, semolina, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch round baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Poke the hot cake all over with a toothpick. Pour the syrup over the cake. Let the cake cool about 1 hour before inverting onto a serving plate.
Note: For even more lemon flavor, add grated lemon zest.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.