Nashville Hot Fried Shrimp Recipe: A Spicy Recipe You Won't Soon Forget by 30Seconds Food
The Nashville Hot chicken sandwich took the world by storm not too long ago. Now, it's Nashville Hot shrimp! These juicy, crispy, spicy shrimp are pan-fried and then brushed with a homemade hot sauce. Now that's a delicious, hot meal!
Serve this spicy shrimp recipe with french fries, onion rings or your favorite side dishes. Don't forget the pickles! They are the perfect cooling element for all the heat. What a great combination of flavors!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (16 - 20), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- To make the hot sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepot. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until butter is melted and everything is combined and smooth. Set aside.
- To make the shrimp, make a breading station by whisking the eggs and buttermilk in a bowl. Put all of the seasoned flour ingredients into another shallow bowl.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F). Dip the shrimp into the flour, then into the buttermilk, then back into the flour.
- Put the shrimp into the hot oil. Do not crowd the pan. Fry shrimp for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a wire rack or paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Liberally brush the shrimp with the hot sauce. Serve with pickles.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.