Easy Carrot Cake Jam Recipe: Sweet Carrots, Pears, Pineapple, Oh, My by Donna John
My grandma always made homemade jelly, jam and fruit preserves. From strawberry to fig to pear, we were always being sent home with a sweet jar of goodness from grandma. Because of this, I'm always on the lookout for different jam recipes, like this carrot cake jam.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 6 8-ounce jars
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box (1.75 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the pineapple with juice, carrots, pears, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until pears are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the pectin and bring to a boil. Add the sugar and bring back to a full, rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, then turn off the heat. Use a large spoon to skim off any foam from the top.
- Carefully spoon the jam into sterilized jars. Process the jars in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Crushed Pineapple $2 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
Ground Cloves $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Fruit Pectin $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Canning Jars $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.