Moist & Tender Blueberry Lemon Quick Bread Recipe With a Tart Lemon Glaze by Ann Marie Patitucci
I love all the berry and lemon desserts, and that's why I am thrilled to share this delicious glazed blueberry lemon quick bread recipe with you! The glaze is such a bonus on top of the lemon and berry flavors. And there’s even more goodness in this low-sodium recipe...
30Seconds shared the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Baking Challenge, a fundraiser for the hospital. We’d been following the baking challenge Facebook page, appreciating everyone's talent, dedication and generosity, while drooling over the delectable dessert recipes. A member of the group, Mimi Kent Bohm, posted glazed lemon blueberry quick bread and it looked both gorgeous and delicious! We asked Mimi if she’d be willing to share the blueberry bread recipe with us, and she said yes! How lucky are we?!
“I thought I’d share one of my favorite flavor combos and my kryptonite," says Mimi. "This easy and quick recipe produces an incredibly moist and tender quick bread that is drizzled with a tart lemon glaze for that added kick.” Yes, please!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 - 4 tablespoons lemon juice (use only enough to create an opaque but still runny texture, not too thin, not too thick)
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- For the glaze, use only enough lemon juice to create an opaque but still runny texture, not too thin, not too thick.
- We prefer to squeeze our own lemon juice, but you can use bottled in a pinch.
- You could substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream if you wanted a healthier alternative.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Here's how to make it:
- To make the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or lightly oil a 9x5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the sugar and oil, then add the eggs, vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together until just combined. The batter will be pretty thick. Do not overmix.
- Fold about 2/3 of the blueberries (1 1/2 cups) into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining blueberries over the top.
- Bake at 350 F for about 55 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center (try to avoid the blueberries; you’ll get a more accurate result from the bread alone). Cool completely on a cooling rack before removing bread from the pan and glazing.
- To make the glaze, place the powdered sugar and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Add enough lemon juice to the bowl until the consistency is thick but pourable. If the mixture gets too thin, you can add a bit more powdered sugar. Pour the glaze evenly over the bread.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.7g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 60.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
Total Sugars: 40.9g
Vitamin D: 4mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.