Shortcut Kruidnoten Recipe: This Tiny Spiced Cookie Recipe Is Perfect With Coffee or Tea by 30Seconds Food
Kruidnoten are hard, small cookies (about the size of a quarter) that are popular in Belgium and The Netherlands. The simple cookies, similar to our spice cookies, are flavored with spices like ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg. This cookie recipe is often served around the holidays, but we say why wait?
Cuisine: Belgium / The Netherlands
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 orange, zested
- 1 egg white (for brushing)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar, butter, milk, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and orange zest in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for 1 hour.
- With wet hands, roll the dough into small balls (about 1/2 inch). Put them onto a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Gently press to flatten each cookie slightly.
- Put the egg white into a small bowl. Brush the cookies with the egg white.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until browned and just set. Remove to cool.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Pumpkin Pie Spice $4 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.