4-Ingredient Homemade Egg Noodles Recipe Like Grandma Used to Make (No Pasta Maker Needed) by 30Seconds Food
Grandmas and the Amish love egg noodles, and we understand why! Because they contain eggs, they are richer in flavor than some pasta noodles. Chicken soup is a classic way to use egg noodles, but there are so many different ways to utilize these noodles. (Try Amish egg noodles, chicken and egg noodles or chicken pot pie egg noodles.)
This quick homemade egg noodle recipe has just four simple ingredients and is easy to make. Store the uncooked egg noodles in the refrigerator for two to three days or in the freezer for up to two months.
Cuisine: American / Italian / Chinese
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 to 9 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Add the water, salt and flour. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inches thick. Cut into strips as thin or as wide as you want (a pizza cutter works well).
- To cook the noodles, drop them into boiling, salted water and cook for 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and used as desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.