Quick Texas Caviar Recipe Is Healthy, Vibrant & Delicious by Donna John
With beans, peas, corn and other fresh vegetables, it is perfect on a tortilla chip. This version is spiked with a little crispy bacon and avocado, too, which ups the flavor. (For a vegetarian option, just leave the bacon out.)
To make this refreshing bean relish recipe you will need a can of black-eyed peas, a can of black beans, a can of whole kernel corn, red bell pepper, red onion, grape tomatoes, bacon, cilantro, an avocado, limes for juicing, red wine vinegar, olive oil, ground cumin and granulated sugar (optional). The ingredients are stirred together and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes to cook bacon
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
- Mixing Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Can Opener
- Mixing Bowl
- Airtight Containers
- If you're not a fan of black-eyed peas – my husband things they're "dry" – use two cans of black beans instead.
- Because it has avocado, serve this appetizer recipe immediately. If you won't be eating it right away, stir in the avocado right before serving.
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small whole. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Put all the caviar ingredients into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 2.6g
Total Carbohydrate: 9.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
Total Sugars: 1.8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.