Grandma’s Moist Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe Has Withstood the Test of Time by Ann Marie Patitucci
Would you believe me if I told you that all you have to do with this mayonnaise cake recipe is combine ingredients, pour them into a dish and bake? Well, that’s it!
This tried-and-true chocolate cake recipe has withstood the test of time for a reason – it’s both easy and delicious! I suspect that many of our moms, grandmas and even great-grandmas have made it. And now we can, too!
The secret ingredient? Mayonnaise! It’s an old trick used to make cake moist. This cake is indeed moist, as well as decadent and delicious! (There's even a Miracle Whip cake recipe!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water, lukewarm
Here's how to make it:
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Frost it with your favorite chocolate frosting and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.