Creamy & Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Casserole Recipe: A Secret Ingredient Makes This 30-Minute Recipe Sing by Melissa Vickers
Here’s a chicken casserole recipe I opted to simplify in some ways, add additional ingredients and even do homage to my mom. Mom was not a gourmet cook by any standard, but she knew how to cook tasty meals and make them look a little special in the process. One ingredient she liked to add, not so much for the flavor, but for the pop of red color – chopped pimentos.
Pimentos are a form of red chili pepper, typically used to stuff green olives and to make pimento cheese. The flavor – at least what comes out of the little jars – is very mild and slightly sweet, making them a perfect addition when you just want a dish to look a little more festive. The original chicken recipe here didn’t have either pimentos or mushrooms or breadcrumbs on the top, but my version does!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 - 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, steamed and cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned or jarred pimentos
- 3/8 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian-style cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian-style panko breadcrumbs
Here’s how to make it:
- Spread shredded chicken breast in the greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine softened cream cheese and chicken stock until smooth. Add pimento and stir. Pour over chicken.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Cover loosely with foil if breadcrumbs start browning too quickly.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
8x8-inch Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Pimentos $2 & Up
Italian Panko $2 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Casserole Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.